|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Days|
Responsible for the overall management, leadership, growth, and profitability of the facility. Plans, develops, directs, monitors and supports all operational, administrative, clinical, human resources, customer service and fiscal activities for the facility's programs and services so as to ensure quality and consistency with company standards. Actively promotes the Company's Mission, Philosophies and Beliefs in all daily interactions. Develops and maintains positive interactive partnerships with associated facilities.
The Administrator supervises the Director of Nursing Services, Facility Account, Patient Care Coordinator, Rehabilitation Services Manager, Admissions Manager, Support Services Manager, Dietitian, Food Service Manager, and the Administrative Assistant.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Proven leadership ability with at least three (3) years. successful long-term care experience measured by positive outcomes in financial performance, resident care and improved operations
- Current Administrator license in the state.
- Proven leadership ability. Excellent ability to supervise, instruct and motivate
- Demonstrated ability in independent functioning
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions, (word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Positive and open communication style
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Advantage Living Centers expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork, exemplify the values of CARING (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Nimbleness and Generosity and uphold the pursuit of creating a person-centered culture for Residents and Team Members. To perform this job successfully, an individual must also be able to perform each key function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key functions.
- Promotes the philosophy, mission and objectives of the organization within and to customers outside the facility
- Promotes open and transparent resident/family communication
- Assumes administrative leadership through collaborating with department heads to develop goals that promote the mission of the organization while working together with other departments to achieve desired positive outcomes
- Actively engages in developing budgets, responding to changes, and monitoring accounts payable to achieve financial expected financial outcomes
- Monitors bills/invoices and actively addresses Assures department heads and the business office assigning appropriate payers when applicable.
- Maintains accurate financial systems including Medicare billing and Resident Trust accounting.
- Coordinates monthly business reviews and provides sound root cause analysis of business operations.
- Recruit, hire and participates in orientation/training for a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out facility programs and services.
- Assures company policies and procedures are implemented and provides feedback to the corporate office if adjustments are needed.
- Schedule regular meetings with direct report staff to provide supervision, assure communication and to monitor facility operations.
- Conduct and document annual performance evaluations on each direct report staff.
- Maintain and guide the implementation of facility policies and procedures in compliance with corporate, state, federal and other regulatory guidelines.
- Responds timely and accurately to regulatory inquires and enlists the assistance of corporate staff when needed.
- Prepare and submit reports on facility's quality improvement process.
- Ensures that the quality and appropriateness of patient care meets or exceeds company and industry standards and ensures that all services are in compliance with state and federal legal, regulatory, accreditation and reimbursement guidelines.
- Assures the facility is maintained at a high level of cleanliness, environmentally organized, odor free manner in all resident and non-resident areas.
- Supports efforts of admission and marketing team to increase census and maintain positive community relations.
- Supports program development activities with the marketing staff for the purpose of introducing new and relevant services for the persons served and the community.
- Ensure a safe, clean and comfortable environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Fully investigates incidents and concerns and communicates resolutions to appropriate parties and notifies the corporate office of sentinel events.
- Attends and/or conducts facility meetings, as required to facilitate communication and disseminate information.
- Promotes effective communication among staff members, facility staff, referrals sources, physicians and patients and attends facility sponsored events in the community.
- Appropriately accesses the resources of the company's regional offices for consultation and program development support. Seeks out external resources through conferences, workshops, etc. As necessary. Routinely shares personal knowledge with staff, other managers and facility personnel.
- Attend corporate management meetings, as required.
- Assure adequate preparation for, and participate in regulatory compliance surveys.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to responsibilities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, which reduce cost and increase efficiency through improved systems and processes.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Resident Rights: Promotes and protects resident's rights; supports the resident in the exercise of his or her rights. assists residents to make informed decisions; treats residents with dignity and respect; protects resident's personal belongings; reports suspected abuse neglect, exploitation or misappropriation of property; avoids the need for physical restraints in accordance with current professional standards; supports independent expression, choice and decision-making consistent with applicable law and regulation.
Environment of Care and Safety: Assures resident environment is safe and takes necessary steps to intervene if an unsafe situation is identified; demonstrates understanding of fire and emergency procedures; participates in fire and disaster drills; demonstrates understanding of safety and security procedures; applies safety and security precautions; demonstrates understanding of hazardous materials plan; demonstrates proper use of equipment.
Leadership Skills: Ability to grasp the concept of servant leadership, whereby leaders assure employees are afforded the resources needed to become successful in their positions.
Recognizes the need for and provides adequate resources. Ability to effectively work in a team environment and encouraging team members to participate when needed. Demonstrates willingness to take risks, generates new ideas for change, evaluates and recognizes priorities, selects effective team members, challenges others to learn, keeps current and integrates new information, communicates and models organization values, and fosters high performance.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, consultants, clients, customers, and the public. Ability to implement and report on progress of corporate strategy.
Ability to supervise, motivate, teach and manage individuals of varying skill and education levels.
Reasoning Skills: Ability to define and solve problems by collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions using an objective approach. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in statistical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Process Improvement: Supports the use of process improvement principles, tools, and techniques; assists in data collections; identifies processes for improvement in daily work; educates new staff in team processes.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates active listening techniques; gains support through effective relationships; treats others with dignity and respect; seeks feedback; sets clear standards for performance; evaluates job performance and provides effective feedback; establishes systems to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and service; creates ad maintains reporting mechanisms.
Work Environment: The position requires travel between facilities and may require spending extended periods of time in a facility that requires additional support and assistance. The environment is similar to that which the employees of each facility experience.