|Job Title||Regional RN Clinical Nurse|
|Reports to||Ali Salami|
The Regional RN Clinical Nurse is responsible to support the clinical teams in assigned facilities with a company-wide focus on education. Responsibilities include designing educational programs and curricula, providing training to clinical teams, implementating clinical processes and assuring regulatory compliance is achieved. The Regional RN Clinical Nurse provides support for the clinical team through monitoring, coaching educating, assisting to secure resources, problem solving and conveying updates to practice standards and reports to the Chief Clinical Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred. Current Registered Nurse license in good standing.
- Minimum 3 (three) years’ experience as a Director of Nursing in long term care.
- Proven successful survey and clinical outcomes history.
- Working knowledge of the MDS process required.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership ability. Excellent ability to supervise, instruct and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability in independent functioning.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions, (word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Positive and open communication style.
- Must be able to travel 90% of workweek and able to work nights and weekends when needed.
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team and health care providers.
- Ability to coach and support staff in implementing processes and systems to achieve quality care and regulatory compliance.
- Has current knowledge of industry trends and able to interpret and apply practically in facilities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Advantage Living Centers expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork, exemplify the values of CARING (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Nimbleness and Generosity and uphold the pursuit of creating a person-centered culture for Residents and Team Members. To perform this job successfully, an individual must also be able to perform each key function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key functions.
- Directs, communicates, trains and monitors facility clinical teams in the implementation of and adherence to company Policies, Procedures and Clinical Processes.
- Assures facility systems are implemented and maintained consistently, particularly when changes in positions occur (i.e. infection control, wound care, Director of Nursing) that may interrupt services provided.
- Develops and implements education and monitoring systems relevant to current organization or facility needs (i.e. flagged QM’s, survey outcomes, falls…)
- Assures facilities are kept up to date on company policies and procedures and monitors implementation of new or updated policies to assure they are correctly interpreted and instituted.
- Monitors facilities are in compliance with Federal and State Regulations and works closely with nursing management to assure regulatory compliance is maintained.
- Monitors Quality Measures and addresses areas that do not meet state and/or national benchmarks.
- Utilizes root cause analysis to assist facilities in addressing clinical outcomes that do not meet company, industry and/or client expectations and coordinates education and support efforts to help improve outcomes.
- Provides ongoing educational opportunities on clinical practice and skills for staff, provides regional educational support, collaboration and training opportunities when required or requested by regional partners.
- Assists with educating clinical teams corporately or in facilities as needed in response to quality assurance findings, deficits in practice or general needs.
- Works closely with staff educators to develop and implement facility-based educator programs, including the use of online education (PCC, Medline University, Relias…)
- Consults and participate in corporate initiatives.
- Conducts facility rounds with facility leadership teams to educate staff on expected levels of care and service.
- Regularly conducts chart audits to review the quality of care provided by the clinical team and make recommendations for improvement.
- Reports facility visit findings and actions to the Administrator and Director of Nursing and provides a written report within 48 hours
- Participates in annual mock surveys as scheduled.
- Conduct monthly meeting with facility educators.
- Promotes and facilitates professional development and ongoing learning and education, monitor the 12-hour training education for CNA’s and nurse’s competencies.
- Monitors and educates facility staff on infection control programs and acts as a liaison for infection control staff.
- Follows up on annual surveys, resurveys, and plans of correction in conjunction with Corporate Quality Assurance Director.
- Monitors Unplanned Hospital Discharges at least weekly and more frequently as needed and works closely with facility staff to achieve state and national benchmarks.
- Monitors the consistent use of INTERACT tools and the quality of data inputted. Assures data is analyzed and utilized to improve systems and outcomes.
- Attends facility QA meetings on a routine basis to ensure studies reflect the current needs and outcomes of the facility. Ensures that a Plan of Correction for follow up to facility visits is prepared and included in the QA process.
- Coordinates efforts with other Interdisciplinary Team Members to ensure all departments focus on the overall care of residents.
- Monitors facility reports to assure follow up interventions are implemented and coordinated as appropriate.
- Stays up to date with current regulatory and standard of practice changes and follows up with clinical staff to assure they remain abreast of current practice guidelines
- Assists to update policies and procedures with current regulations as needed.
- Adheres to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- Ensures growth and profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources and identifying areas for improvement.
- Accepts other assignments as appropriate.